Having technical difficulties with Tabletop Simulator? Follow this guide to help resolve them.
Can't find your answer here?
Your next stop should be the Official Forums. You can search for a solution there and, if none is available, post your problem there.
These should always be the first things you try when running into issues with a Steam game.
- Verify the integrity of the game cache
- Ensure drivers are updated
- Restart Steam and/or your computer
If you want to enable port forwarding:
UDP (outbound) - 3478, 4379, 4380 (Steam P2P Ports)
To enable logging, type /log in chat or add
-log to your launch options.
- Windows -
C:\Users\username\AppData\LocalLow\Berserk Games\Tabletop Simulator\Player.log
- Mac -
- Linux -
~/.config/unity3d/Berserk Games/Tabletop Simulator/Player.log
If your game is crashing, using launch options to disable various elements of the game can help track down the source.
For example, if -nosteam stops the crashing, try reinstalling Steam.
Does the game fail to load, and either freeze or crash?
- Go into programs and features and uninstall both Microsoft Visual C++ 2012 Redistributable Package x86 & x64. Then RE-install this: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=30679 (both the x86 and x64 versions)
- Turn off MSI Afterburner and/or Riva Tuner if installed.
- Ensure all your drivers are up to date.
- Your firewall/anti-virus could be completely blocking Tabletop Simulator causing it not to load. Manually exclude Tabletop Simulator.exe from the detection of modified applications list (this could be worded differently depending on your program).
- Try using the second launch option.
- Try disabling Steam's FPS counter if you have it enabled.
- Add -force-opengl to your launch options.
- Turn off the Steam Overlay and add -force-gfx-st to your launch options.
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\vr\runtimeas this will fix the issue.
- Set the launch options of the game to -screen-width 800 -screen-height 600. This can be set in Steam properties for the game.
- Change your monitor's resolution and run TTS. Try changing it back to normal and load up TTS once more.
Visual issues, although the game runs fine otherwise:
- Open your graphics card properties and make sure your graphical settings are on quality and nothing lower.
- Do a clean reinstall of graphics drivers (uninstall and then reinstall)
- Try resizing the game window, swapping between fullscreen and windowed mode or vice versa.
Online connectivity issues:
- Check to make sure you don't have any firewall or anti-virus blocking the game.
- Disable 'Mod Caching' in settings, for a temporary work around.
Also comes up as
- The domain that those images are hosted from are blocked for you.
- URLs could be broken.
- Try verifying the integrity of the game cache.
Steam Workshop uploading/downloading issues:
- Save your mod, then restart the game and try again.
- Try playing on a higher video setting in the launcher. Or making sure your images are using power of 2 sizes (128, 256, 512, 1024, 2048, 4096).
- Did you get TTS as a gift and it's the only game you have? In this case, we have found that Steam restricts your account from doing certain things (including uploading to the Workshop) until you have purchased a game.
- If you purchased TTS on another site, you may need to add funds to your wallet so Steam knows your account is legit.
- Try deleting your remotecache.vdf from your userdata for Tabletop Simulator and restart Steam
- Still having issues? Try looking over this thread from the forums.
Input device issues:
- Check to make sure your controller/joystick/etc is not plugged into your computer.
- Uncheck the controller box in the configuration/controls menu.
- Try disabling "HID - compliant game controller" in device manager.
Misc issues with know fixes:
- Make sure you install basic flash to your computer.
- The tablet doesn't work on Linux. This is a limitation of the plugin. It is something we hope to fix in the future.
- Go into programs and features and uninstall Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package (x86)
- Then RE-install this: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=5555
- If you can't be heard in voice chat, manually select your mic audio source in the Configuration Menu.
/resetallsavedin chat. This will clear any old player preferences that is causing this issue. (This will also reset ALL your keybinds/controls)
- Go into programs and features and uninstall Microsoft Visual C++ 2012 Redistributable Package (x86)
- Then RE-install this: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=30679
If you're getting the asset popups asking for paths to assets, then there is nothing wrong on your end. It just means the site the images are hosted on are down or removed. You need to post on the Workshop page and let the modder know the issue so they can update the mod.