Controls & Movement
Getting Started in Tabletop Simulator
As you first start playing with Tabletop Simulator, it is recommended you try out the in-game tutorial. A link can be found on the Main Menu. You can also check out the video tutorial.
There are a lot of controls in Tabletop Simulator because there is so much you can do. This page is a guide to all of the basic controls. Many of the controls can also be accessed from the Context Menu, but you will find even more options here.
Move with the Keyboard, Mouse or both. All keys given are defaults, most of which can be changed in the in-game Settings menu, under Controls.
- If you hold the RMB anywhere on the table not on an object and move around right away, you can control the camera rotation.
- To pan your camera around, press and hold the MMB.
- Scroll the MMB to zoom in and out.
- To do a quick zoom where your mouse is pointing, press the MMB once. Press it again to zoom back out.
- Press the spacebar to reset your camera position.
- The WASD keys can be used to pan your camera around.
- To do a quick zoom where your mouse is pointing, press Z key once. Press it again to zoom back out.
- Switch to 1st person mode by pressing the P key.
- The WASD keys in combo with the RMB moves in 1st person mode.
- Pressing spacebar will fly your camera up.
- Pressing Ctrl will fly your camera down.
The majority of gameplay within Tabletop Simulator requires your to manipulate Objects. Moving them, placing them, rotating them, etc.
- Pick up an object by pressing the LMB. Let go to drop it.
- While holding an object you and press the RMB to tap it down.
- Flip an object by pressing the F key, MMB or right clicking on it to bring up the contextual menu and press the ‘Flip’ option.
- Zoom in on a specific object by hovering over it and pressing the ALT key – this works best for cards.
- While in ALT Zoom mode, use the middle mouse button to zoom in and out further and the Q & E keys to rotate.
- LMB picks up a single object.
- To pick up two objects, you can hold one object and hover over a second and ‘right click’ to pick up the second. Keep holding and right click over other objects to keep picking them up.
- An easier option is to ‘box highlight’ around the objects you want to pick up. Hold left click anywhere on the table and around multiple objects. When you let go, all those objects will be highlighted. Pick up one of the objects and all of those that were highlighted will be picked up.
- Right clicking on any object will bring up the Context Menu.